Friday, September 24, 2010

New leaf!

Fall is in the air here. The nights are cool and the days are warm but not to hot.I actually got some sewing done last night. I got a new magazine yesterday at the grocery store. Fon's & Porter's Quilting Celebrations. It was full of good things to make you think and yes SEW!
I was at the $$ store and got this candle for $ .75 . That started it. Came home looked at the book and thought how nice it would look with the leaves for another project in the book. A few hours later this is my version of the mini candle mat . It's just 12"'s in diameter. I made it for a raffle basket at my TOPS group . Now I wish I could keep it. But I all ways think I can make another one if I really want one.

4 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

That turned out really cute & anybody would love it as a door prize.

I've been making gazillions of 4-patches for Bonnie Hunter's Orange Crush Quilt.

Today I'm enjoying the beautiful fall weather after the past couple of rainy, even stormy, days. Perfectly blue sky, not quite 70, light breeze. Gorgeous.

Dotti said...

Love what you did with the autumn theme!

Anonymous said...

Well Said.
Good post deserve more recognition.
don't forget there are ways where you can get hundreds of subscribers to your blog :)
Walt Bayliss
CEO and Founder
http://www.instantblogsubscribers.com

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Very lovely mat! Someday I am going to decorate when I get my house back in order. LOL