Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Valance up and Birthday mug rug

 I got my valance up. I have had this for some time. It is made from what was left of a king size Aunt Gracie quilt I was working on when we had the house fire. I had embroidered all around the border with flowers ,butterfly's and vines. They were 6 " blocks I had exchanged with Quilters from all over.
It was on the bottom of a large stack of quilts to be finished . What was left of it was the middle of the folded quilt so I washed the remains and cut it into blocks. Not caring if I got a part or just bits of them. Then when we were done with the house I had 2 windows in my sewing room so I made it all into valances for the windows. Now they are hanging over my vertical blinds I got for $5.00 still in the box at a yard sale. It's so nice to be able to open and close them. It gives me so much more light in this old building. Spike love them . He can sit on the back of the sofa and look out to see mail St. There is lots of traffic and things going by.
 It's Birthday time. DD Jennie and I are making table runners. These are the left overs. It will be a mug rug or candle mat? I found this cup. I thought looked good with it so this one is a mug rug. Or it could be 1 big Birthday candle if you had a jar candle to sit on it.

No comments: