Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Day with my DD Jennie.

 Jennie came and rousted me out of my sleep this morning. I thought I would sleep in.
She came to sew but first we went to the thrift store about 10 miles from here. I find the best things. Today it was  5 heavy clear glass corn holders. Now if I only had some fresh corn on the cob! A apple green flower pot, a small oriental oval dish, a book for Jennie and a Scottie dog cookie cutter for her to make dog biscuits. A small crystal heart dish, Fenton milk glass bird with small purple violets on it. 
Oh I  all most forgot and small glass pie plate. All for $5.37 .
It was a very good day at the Thrift Store.
Then it was back home to work on things. We had lunch  then got back to work. We worked on the lamb parts and then I button hole or blanket stitch  around them on the machine while she worked on a quilt top and got the rows done. Now I will sew the rows together tomorrow. This quilt is a quilt from a calendar I got with a different quilt each month. Jennie cut 3 of them out. This is #2 so far.
It's all ways a good day when Jennie comes to sew with me!!
Jennie still has the embroidery to do on the lamb and quilt it then it will come back to me to bind. IT will be a sample for some kits at the quilt shop.
It's not as cold today. Keep making and sewing. Flicsha

No comments: