I Had the afternoon free and had a trade I needed to work on. So I spent the afternoon working on it and playing.
These are called Button Fairies . This is my version. I thought I would experiment making the wings.I took some holographic tissue paper and sandwiched it with iridescent organdy. Then I used a free standing lace pattern and embroidered it for the wings. It was interesting and fun but the wire was hard to get in the buttons and place them were they belonged.
They don't look much like some of the others I have seen some use butterfly wings and faces.
I made do with what I had on hand. I would like to of had larger buttons. I thing they will be O.K.
It has got very warm this afternoon. My sewing room is getting hot and stuffy.