Saturday, August 9, 2008

September Post Card

Well here I am on a Sat. night making post cards. Am I exciting or what???
I have a one on one PC swap in my Sew Good Fiends Yahoo group. It is a seasonal theme trade. I would have sent one of the last set I made but the rules said it had to have a fabric back. Now I have never made one with a fabric back before so I decided to try something new.
I cut some wonder under and some Risaway water-soluble tear-away backing that is 100% polyester that will dissolve when laundered the same size as a sheet of computer paper and wonder undered them to a piece of tan fabric that had a texture to it and went to my card program and made a post card back and printed it on the fabric. I think it turned out very well. I can see all kinds of uses for this. You could make your own fabric as long as you only wanted a 8"x11" sheet at a time.

I thought I would show more of the museum. The green grid you see is part of the jail cell. This is are widows weeds display. Or mourning cloths. The period for mourning was 5 years.

No comments: