Friday, June 21, 2013

Big quilt and $1.00 and 10 min redo.

 Jennie did this quilt for a guy. He needed a very large king size and very puffffy. She brought it to me to trim, make binding and bind it. It was a all day and night job. Well I finished it about 11:30 PM last night. He told her what he wanted. not very creative but he will like it. Silver and black just what he ask for squares and all.

Jennie and I went to the goodwill or salvation army not sure about the store in Yankton. S.D. it. I got these  pillow sham's 2 for $1.00. It took me about 10 min. to put them on the back and seat that existed. You can see my green chair. It is a catch all at the front door. I think it was well worth the time for the result. It looks so nice and clean. The chair was over 20 years old and a lot of grand kids time. It was time for a new look.



OK it was so good I took my $3.00 rocking chair that I got at a  sale. I did the same thing with 2  pillow sham's. My friend Janie gave me 3 so I still have one for my bed.
My TV stand and entertainment center is really 2 components . Jennie and I were in Council Bluffs, Iowa and found the night stand and a small book case. Cleaned them up and with a little spray paint and then stacking them together it made a nice little stand for my TV and receiver's and such.
I love a good bargain!! This one cost $3.00 and 10 min.

No comments: